External Search Materials
The Univeristy of Georgia, as an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer responsible for compliance with Executive Order No. 11246, the Rehabilitation Act Section 503, and the Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act (“VEVRAA”), is required to collect certain information for non-discrimination and Affirmative Action Plan purposes.
To ensure compliance with these obligations, all academic and staff position searches that contract with an external search firm to coordinate the search rather than utilizing the UGAJobs system are required to include the following information in their final agreement with the contractor and adhere to the following:
Affirmative Action Compliance Addendum for External Search Firm Agreement
The University of Georgia (“University”) and CONTRACTOR agree that CONTRACTOR will perform the professional services and comply with the following terms and conditions:
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/ EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER (“AA/EOE”)
- The UNIVERSITY is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer responsible for compliance with Executive Order No. 11246, the Rehabilitation Act Section 503, and the Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act (“VEVRAA”). Therefore, CONTRACTOR is required to ensure compliance with these laws and regulations.
- Definition of an Applicant - An “applicant” is an individual who requests to be considered for employment for a specific job opening, expresses interest, and submits material as directed in a timely manner.
- Pool Analysis - CONTRACTOR must conduct an analysis of the pool of applicants for Affirmative Action and nondiscrimination; monitor whether the process is yielding a diverse pool of qualified applicants including those that identify as a racial minority, female, protected veteran, or individual with a disability; and monitor for disparate treatment or unlawful adverse impact in the selection process. Where indicated, CONTRACTOR must conduct targeted outreach in accordance with University policy and affirmative action regulations to ensure appropriate representation in the applicant pool. This analysis shall be made available to the University at the conclusion of the search.
- Voluntary Demographic Data - CONTRACTOR must invite, in a written communication, applicants to provide their demographic data. CONTRACTOR must explain that providing this information is voluntary and that the information will be kept confidential and used only for purposes of affirmative action compliance.
- Applicant Flow Data - “Applicant flow data” includes (1) demographic data and; (2) “disposition data,” defined as OFCCP-compliant dispositions for all applicants in the search pool indicating their status as they move through the screening, evaluating, and interviewing process and a brief explanation detailing the rationale underlying the search committee’s decision(s) regarding each respective candidate. At the conclusion of the search, CONTRACTOR shall provide all appropriate applicant flow data to the University as required by Federal Regulations.
- Advertising - Any advertising that CONTRACTOR intends to use for the search must include the AA/EEO tagline as noted below and must be approved by the University: The University of Georgia is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including gender identity and sexual orientation), national origin, ethnicity, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
View External Search Firm Addendum (Word .docx Version)
View Applicant Search Dispostion Data Table Template (Excel .xls Spreadsheet)
View Applicant Pool Voluntary Demographic Information Data Table Template (Excel .xls Spreadsheet)
Any questions regarding the above information may be directed to the Equal Opportunity Office at ugaeoo@edu.