Welcome to the home page for the Equal Opportunity Office (EOO) for The University of Georgia (UGA).
The EOO is responsible for ensuring that UGA complies with all applicable laws and policies regarding discrimination on the basis of race, sex (including sexual harassment and pregnancy), gender identity, sexual orientation, ethnicity or national origin, religion, age, genetic information, disability or veteran status.
New Title IX Regulations and Related Policy Revisions
On August 11, 2020 the University System of Georgia ("USG") approved revisions to its Sexual Misconduct Policy and the Standards for Institutional Student Conduct and Investigation and Disciplinary Proceedings. In addition, USG revised the Prohibit Discrimination and Harassment section of the Human Resources Administrative Practice ("HRAP") Manual to comply with the new regulations. These revisions were approved in response to new Title IX regulations released by the U. S. Department of Education. All affected websites and links will reflect these changes in the days to come.
The EOO also:
- Administers and enforces UGA’s Non-Discrimination and Anti-Harassment Policy
- Administers within the UGA community the University System of Georgia Board of Regents' Sexual Misconduct Policy
- Houses the University’s Title IX Coordinator and ADA/Section 504 Coordinator
- Administers the University’s Affirmative Action Plan for University employees
- Maintains the University System of Georgia Applicant Clearinghouse (a job placement referral service for colleges and universities in the Board of Regents’ system)
- Coordinates UGA’s Ombudsperson Program.